Awards & Honors

Heritage Ball

Dean Ranalli attended The Heritage Ball, the annual black tie event to support the AIA New York Chapter and the Center for Architecture Foundation on October 24, 2013 at Chelsea Piers/Pier Sixty. Katherine Serrano, pictured with the Dean, currently a third year student, was awarded a Heritage Ball Scholarship of $2000. Congratulations Katherine!

“Attending the AIA 2013 Heritage Ball was a great honor for me, even more knowing that I was the recipient of one of four scholarships given by the organization. The evening was memorable. It was my first time attending an event mainly for architects and my first architecture-related scholarship. I was nervous but, also, proud to be able to represent the CCNY Spitzer School of Architecture in this grand event. The evening began with taking photos with the other student recipients, one from Parsons and two from Cooper Union, and our Deans, as well as with the AIA board members. After many photos, cocktail hour began where I met a few architects. Most notably the main architects of White Arkitekter who were being recognized for winning the competition for the 80-acre Rockaway project. During the dinner, I was able to meet a few more people, specially my scholarship benefactor, First Deputy Mayor Patricia Harris. During dinner I was publicly acknowledged and received applause from the crowd, it felt surreal and I was very happy. The night later whined down and I left having made three new friends. Overall, this was an amazing experience that would have never imagined being a part of and I am very thankful to everyone who made this happen.”
—Katherine Serrano

Blog