Gordon A. Gebert
Interim Dean; Professor
Educational Credentials :
- M.Arch., Princeton University, 1969
- B.Arch., Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 1966
- Numerous computing courses/seminars/formal training sessions
Teaching Experience :
- Assistant, Associate, Full Professor, City College of New York, CUNY, 1971-present
- Lecturer, City College of New York, CUNY, 1969
- Lecturer, Princeton University School of Architecture, 1968-1969
Professional Experience :
- Acting Dean, 2015-present
- Chair, Spitzer School of Architecture, 2013-2015
- Deputy Chair, Spitzer School of Architecture, 2005-2012
- Acting Dean, Spitzer School of Architecture, 1991-1995
- Chair, Spitzer School of Architecture, 1990-1991
- Associate Dean, and Director for Administration, Spitzer School of Architecture, 1971-1980
- Research Associate, Princeton University, 1967-1969
- Principal, Gordon A. Gebert Associates, 1997-present. A general architecture practice based on research, context and full automation including advanced modeling, representation and documentation techniques. Various commercial, residential, medical and educational projects.
- Principal and Chief Tech. Officer, Data Methods Incorporated, 1982-1996. A firm specializing in software solutions and development for facilities and health-care management. Installed at over 1250 sites world-wide including U.S., Canadian and British Health Service facilities. Text database search and analysis system for large (100,000,000+ word) data bases on low-cost compact computing machinery. Installed at more than 20 sites in U.S. including public law agencies and public health-care institutions.
- Consultant to various agencies and organizations including US Dept. of Veterans Affairs, Indian Health Service, Kaiser Permanente, US Public Health Service, Mass. General Hospital (Harvard Med. School). Johns Hopkins Medical School. 1979-1995
- Director and Prin. Investigator, City University Comprehensive Facilities Data Base Project, 1992-1998. For 22,000,000 sq. ft. in 330 bldgs on 21 campuses throughout New York City.
- Member, Historic Preservation Review Board, Poughkeepsie, New York, 2007-2012
- Trustee, Village of Nyack, New York, elected to two terms: 1998-2002
- Deputy Mayor, Village of Nyack, New York, 2000-2002. Also Trustee liaison to Building Department, and planning, zoning, and architectural review boards.
- Chair, Architectural Review Board, Nyack NY, 1997-1998
- Architecture License, New York State
Professional Memberships :
- Association of Collegiate Schools of Architecture
- ARCH 51312: Building Information Modeling
- ARCH 71301: Building Information Modeling
- AES 23300: Intro to Digital Media