Educational Credentials :
- Fulbright Scholar, Paris, 1967-68
- M.Arch., Urban Design, Harvard University, 1967
- B.Arch., Harvard University, 1966
- The Cooper Union, 1960-1964
Teaching Experience :
- Professor, City College of New York, CUNY, 1984-present
- Associate Professor, City College of New York, CUNY, 1974-1983
- Adjunct Professor, City College of New York, CUNY, 1973
- Assistant Professor, Princeton University, 1968-1972
Professional Experience :
- Principal, Lance Jay Brown Architecture + Urban Design, 1972-present
- Associate Director, Design Arts Program, NEA, Washington, DC 1979-1983
- Partner, Brown + Bee Architects, 1979-1982
- Designer and Draftsman, Shadrach Woods, Architect, Paris, 1968
- Draftsman, Port Authority of New York, 1967
- Designer and Draftsman, Paul Lester Wiener Architect, 1965
- Draftsman, Davis, Brody Architects, 1964
- Architecture License, New York State
- Architecture License, New Jersey
- NCARB Certification
Selected Publications and Recent Research :
- The Legacy Project: Via Verde, New Housing New York, Lance Jay Brown, Tara Siegel, Mark Ginsberg (Oscar Riera Ojeda, 2015).
- Urban Design for a Urban Century, Second Edition w/David Dixon, Oliver Gilham (John Wiley & Sons, 2014).
- Beyond Zuccotti Park: Freedom of Assembly and the Occupation of Public Space, with Ron Schiffman, Rick Bell (New Village Press, 2012).
- Urban Design for an Urban Century, with David Dixon and Oliver Gilham (John Wiley & Sons, 2009).
- Planning and Design Workbook for Community Participation, with B. P.Spring et al. (Princeton, 1970).
Professional Memberships :
- Fellow, The American Institute of Architects
- Fellow, Urban Design Forum
- Founding Board Member, The Consortium for Sustainable Urbanization
- Board Member, The Beverly Willis Architectural Foundation
- Board Member, AIANY State
- Board Member, Center for Architecture, New York
- Topaz Laureate and Inaugural Chancellor, ACSA College of Distinguished Professors