COVID-19 Related Updates
Latest Information for Staff and Students
The SSA is working hard to support our entire community of faculty, students, and staff during this difficult and unprecedented time. We have created this page to bring you accurate and updated information and advice. We will update it regularly as new information becomes available.
- Our goal for the Fall 2021 semester is to provide all students with an in-person educational experience to reconnect in the spaces of learning that we all cherish. The expectation is that all students enrolled in studios will attend these courses in-person at least one day per week, to prioritize in-person access to studio, library, fab labs, and computer labs. If at any time in-person attendance becomes unsafe, courses will shift to online instruction.
- The Summer 2021 term will be conducted remotely.
- The Spring 2021 semester will be conducted remotely. Town Halls, Crossover Reviews, and as many online events as possible will continue to keep us all connected and in touch during this unprecedented year.
- All administrative staff and faculty are working from home.
- CUNY COVID-19 Guidance on Academic Continuity
- Make sure to regularly check your CCNY email and Instagram (@whatsonatSSA).
- In accordance with guidance from the university chancellor, we are planning for a safe and gradual return to mostly in-person instruction and support services in time for the start of classes in Fall 2021.
- Health, Home, Help, and Finance During CV-19
- Free internet/mobile data for 60 days
- Adobe Creative Cloud Access for Students (through summer 2020)
- Activate your CCNY Zoom Account
- Laptop and Tablet Loaner Program
- Distance Learning Guide (Blackboard, Zoom, Webex, VPN, Dropbox, Matlab Licenses, MS Office 365, CUNY Virtual Desktop)
- Get Help from the CCNY Service Desk:
212-650-7878 | email@example.com | Chat
- Follow SSA IT on Instagram for helpful tips (@ssa.archIT)
- Full list of CCNY IT Resources
- Credit/No Credit Policy FAQ (Spring 2020)
Most current COVID-19 Information:
CCNY Emergency Funding and Guidance:
- CCNY Dream Keepers
- Carol and Milton Petrie Foundation Emergency Fund Application
- CCNY Counseling Center
- Health and Wellness Services: Emergency Grants Program Application
- Off‐Campus Housing Office: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Division of Student Affairs: email@example.com
- Student Support Resources: firstname.lastname@example.org
New York City Emergency Funding and Services:
- DOE Free Meal Hubs to get three free meals a day at more than 400 Meal Hubs across the city.
- ACCESS NYC to find help in NYC with food, money, housing, work and more
- Unemployment assistance
- Department of Youth & Community Development for housing emergencies due to the COVID‐19 pandemic. For more information, call DYCD Youth Connect: 1(800) 246‐4646 or 1 (646) 343‐6800