COVID-19 Related Updates
Latest Information for Staff and Students
The SSA is working hard to support our entire community of faculty, students, and staff during this difficult and unprecedented time. We have created this page to bring you accurate and updated information and advice. We will update it regularly as new information becomes available.
- In accordance with guidance from the university chancellor, our plan for the Fall 2021 semester is to provide all students with an in-person educational experience to reconnect in the spaces of learning that we all cherish. The expectation is that all students enrolled in studios will attend these courses in-person at least one day per week, to prioritize in-person access to studio, library, fab labs, and computer labs. It is important to remain flexible, patient, and understanding throughout this process.
- All administrative staff and faculty resumed in-person work in August 2021.
- During the Fall 2021 semester, all students, staff, and faculty, regardless of vaccination status, will be required to wear a mask at all times, and in all spaces throughout the Spitzer building, and on campus.
- During the Fall 2021 semester, we will be practicing social distancing in all studios and classrooms, and in all public spaces throughout the building, where possible. Studio desks must be arranged to ensure that each student is spaced at a minimum of 6 ft apart from all other students. We are asking students and faculty to cooperate to ensure compliance.
- During the Fall 2021 semester, while we orient ourselves to hybrid instruction, we will not be permitting guests into the building.
- Suring the Fall 2021 semester, semester the Spitzer building will be open on weekdays 8:00 am to 9:00 pm. The building will not be open on weekends. There will be a guard posted M-F during the building open hours. No refrigerators, no microwaves in studios — to keep the building vermin-free. No cots — to keep you healthy!
- All students attending a class on campus are required to be vaccinated unless they have a medical or religious exemption. Vaccinated students can enter by displaying CCNY ID and proof of vaccination (currently accepting; CDC Card, CCNY gold V sticker, Excelsior Pass, or Everbridge’s CUNY Vax Pass). Those who are unvaccinated must provide negative testing results from a CUNY testing site only within the past 7 days. The CUNY vaccination policy for students gives students until September 27 to upload proof of vaccination into CUNYfirst.
- COVID-19 Reporting: If a student feels unwell with possible COVID symptoms, it should be reported promptly to Romy Fabal (firstname.lastname@example.org), George Rhinehart (email@example.com), and Ana King-Garcia (firstname.lastname@example.org) from Student Health Services and Student Life. Ken Ihrer (email@example.com) and Richard Belgrave (firstname.lastname@example.org) from Operations should be cc’d, along with your academic advisor.
- CUNY COVID-19 Guidance on Academic Continuity
- Make sure to regularly check your CCNY email.
>> City College Reopening Plan (July 2021)
>> CUNY Vaccination Policy FAQ (July 2021)
>> Letter from the Chancellor (January 2021)
>> Letter from the Dean (July 2020)
>> Updates from the President’s Office
>> CUNY Coronavirus Updates
>> Letter from the Dean (March 2020)
- CCNY Libraries will re-open as study space to fully vaccinated patrons with reservations on August 25, 2021. Please make a reservation here.
- Health, Home, Help, and Finance During CV-19
- Free internet/mobile data for 60 days
- Adobe Creative Cloud Access for Students (through summer 2020)
- Activate your CCNY Zoom Account
- Laptop and Tablet Loaner Program
- Distance Learning Guide (Blackboard, Zoom, Webex, VPN, Dropbox, Matlab Licenses, MS Office 365, CUNY Virtual Desktop)
- Get Help from the CCNY Service Desk:
212-650-7878 | email@example.com | Chat
- Follow SSA IT on Instagram for helpful tips (@ssa.archIT)
- Full list of CCNY IT Resources
- Credit/No Credit Policy FAQ (Spring 2020)
Most current COVID-19 Information:
CCNY Emergency Funding and Guidance:
- CCNY Dream Keepers
- Carol and Milton Petrie Foundation Emergency Fund Application
- CCNY Counseling Center
- Health and Wellness Services: Emergency Grants Program Application
- Off‐Campus Housing Office: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Division of Student Affairs: email@example.com
- Student Support Resources: firstname.lastname@example.org
New York City Emergency Funding and Services:
- DOE Free Meal Hubs to get three free meals a day at more than 400 Meal Hubs across the city.
- ACCESS NYC to find help in NYC with food, money, housing, work and more
- Unemployment assistance
- Department of Youth & Community Development for housing emergencies due to the COVID‐19 pandemic. For more information, call DYCD Youth Connect: 1(800) 246‐4646 or 1 (646) 343‐6800