Adjunct Associate Professor
Educational Credentials :
- Ph.D. Candidate, Public and Urban Policy, The New School University, New York, NY, 2018-present
- M.Phil., Public and Urban Policy with Honors, The New School University, New York, NY, 2018
- M.S., International Affairs, The New School University, New York, NY, 2014
- B.A., Philosophy, Universidad de Los Andes, Bogota, Colombia, 2003
- B.A., Architecture, Universidad de Los Andes, Bogota, Colombia, 2002
Teaching Experience :
- Teaching Fellow, GPIA, The New School University, New York, NY, 2014-present
- Adjunct Associate Professor, City College of New York, 2018-present
- Adjunct Professor, Universidad Jorge Tadeo Lozano, 2004-2006
Professional Experience :
- Coordinator, Observatory on Latin America, The New School, 2013-present
- Lead Consultant, United Nations Development Program (UNDP), Kazakhstan, 2017-2018
- Intern, AcTogether, Slum Dwellers International, Kampala, Uganda, 2013
- Local consultant, International Finance Corporation, World Bank, Bogota, Colombia, 2010-2011
- Director, Foment Division, National Council of Architecture and Auxiliary Professions (CPNAA), Colombia, 2006-2010
- Local Researcher, Cities Alliance / DPU-University College London, Bogota, Colombia, 2005-2006
- NGO member, Network XIV-F “Social Technologies for Social Habitat Production,” Science and Technology for Development, CYTED
- Coordinator, Habitat’s Commission, Society of Colombian Architects (SCA), Bogota, Colombia, 2001-2012
- Coordinator and Advisor, Convive Academic Habitat Competition, Escala Editors, Bogota, Colombia, 2006-2016
- Architect, Fischer Associates, Bogota, Colombia, 2003-2005
- Architecture License, Colombia
Selected Publications and Recent Research :
- Cohen, Carrizosa, and Gutman, eds. Urban Policy in Latin America: Towards the SDGs? (New York: Routledge, 2019). (Authored chapter and co-editor).
- Cohen, Carrizosa, and Gutman, eds. (2019), Facing Risk: New Urban Resilience Practices in Latin America, Corporación Andina de Fomento – The New School, Buenos Aires (2019). (Authored chapter and co-editor).
- “Peace-ing Colombia Together: Colombia's Aftermath in Rejecting the Peace Deal Referendum,” Public Seminar Blog, The New School, November 21, 2016.
- “Housing Quality and Professional Responsibility: Commission for Housing Quality of the Colombian Society of Architects,” Revista Dearquitectura No. 6, Universidad de Los Andes, Bogota (2010).
- “Colombia: Housing and Land for the Urban Poor: Bogotá, Soacha y Mosquera Case Studies,” DPU-University College London Report for Cities Alliance – World Bank, edited by Julio Davila, et al. (2006).