Educational Credentials :
- Ph.D., University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida, 2011
- M.Sc., Jadavpur University, Kolkata, India, 2004
- B.Sc., University of Calcutta, Kolkata, India, 2002
Teaching Experience :
- Adjunct Professor, City College of New York, CUNY, 2015-present
- Columbia University, 2015
- University of Florida, 2007-2010
Professional Experience :
- Senior Research Associate, Columbia University, 2015-present
- Postdoctoral Research Scientist, Columbia University, 2012-2015
- Postdoctoral Research Associate, University of Massachusetts, Amherst, 2011
Selected Publications and Recent Research :
- Mondal, P., Jain, M., Zukowski, M., Galford, G., DeFries, R. 2016. Quantifying fluctuations in winter cropped area in the Central Indian Highland landscape. Regional Environmental Change 16.
- DeFries, R., Mondal, P., Singh, D., Agrawal, I, Fanzo, J., Remans, R., Wood, S. Synergies and Trade-offs for Sustainable Agriculture: Nutritional Yields and Climate-Resilience for Cereal Crops in Central India. Global Food Security.
- Mondal, P., Nagendra, H., DeFries, R. 2016. Addressing issues of climate change impacts, adaptation and vulnerability on the ground: Challenges and opportunities. Current Science. 110 (7), 1193-1194.
Professional Memberships :
- American Geophysical Union
- LAAR 61500: Physical Geography