Educational Credentials :
- B.Arch., Penn State University, 2012
Teaching Experience :
- Adjunct Associate Professor, City College of New York, 2019-present
Professional Experience :
- Founding Principal, Studio 397 Architecture, 2017-present
- Registered Architect, New York State and New Jersey
Selected Publications and Recent Research :
- Media Coverage:
- Paul Berger, “MTA Vendors Mull Ending Contracts as Authority Seeks 10% Cuts,” The Wall Street Journal (18 May 2019).
- Christine Sampson, "SANS is Sag Harbor’s Newest New York State Historic Landmark,” Sag Harbor Express (21 March 2019).
- Kate Reggev, “9 Brilliant Black Designers and Architects You Should Know,” Dwell (6 February 2019).
- “Trail Blazin’: An Interview with STUDIO 397’s Samantha Josapaht,” Mind Magazine (17 January 2019).
- “Remember Slavery: Say it Loud,” Exhibit at UN Information Centers, United Nations, New York, 2018.
- 9th Annual Women in Architecture Award, AIANY, 2018.
- Emerging Leader 2018, Beverly Willis Foundation.
- Finalist, Times Square Valentine Heart Design Competition, AIANY, 2018.
- National Organization of Minority Architects
- American Institute of Architects