Educational Credentials :
- Ph.D., Goldsmiths, University of London
- M.Arch.II, Harvard Graduate School of Design
Teaching Experience :
- Adjunct Associate Professor, City College of New York, CUNY, 2016-present
- Harvard University
- Columbia University
- University of Pennsylvania
Professional Experience :
- Founder and principal, NAO, NY
- Architect and researcher of urban cultures, Herzog & de Meuron Architects, Basel
- Architect and consultant, Gluckman Tang Architects, NY
Selected Publications and Recent Research :
- with Armin Linke. Socialist Architecture: The Vanishing Act. Zürich: JRP Ringier, 2011. (supported by the Graham Foundation grant via a blind peer review)
- Almost Architecture. Stuttgart: Akademie Solitude & Merz, 2006.
- with Katherine Carl, and Aaron Levy. Evasions of Power: On the Architecture of Adjustment. Philadelphia: Slought Foundation, 2011.
- with Katherine Carl. Lost Highway Expedition Photobook. Ljubljana: School of Missing Studies, Centrala Foundation for Future Cities & ŠKUC gallery, 2007.
- Book Chapters:
- “Diary: Towards The Architecture of Balkanization" in Speculation, Now. Duke, 2015.
- “Handball Stadium: The Centre for Recreation and New Media in Novi Sad" in Concurrent Urbanism. Routledge, 2015.
- “Proportionality Complex" In Forensis: The Architecture of Public Truth. Sternberg Press, 2014.
- "National, Non-National.” in Nationalities Reader 41(2). London: Francis & Taylor, 2012.
- "Deveti Grad / The Ninth City." In Ideologije i Ideali / Ideologies and Ideals. Novi Sad: Museum of Contemporary Art Vojvodina, 2010. 68-75, 174-181.
- "School of Missing Studies." In Did Someone Say Participate. Cambridge: MIT Press, 2006, 241-56.
- Journal Articles:
- "NATO as Architectural Critic," The Archive as the Productive Space of Conflict: HFG-Karlsruhe (2012).
- "The Atlas Group: Yes Here It Is, Can You See It?" The Archive as the Productive Space of Conflict: HFG-Karlsruhe, (2012).
- "Lost Highway Expedition" In The Archive as the Productive Space of Conflict: HFG-Karlsruhe (2012).
- "NAO," Urban Report: StudioBasar, no. 3 (2011): 66-69.
- "Ihmalkarligin Gelecegi," BetonArt, no. 30 (2011): 62-63.
- "Looking for October," Urban Report: The Poetics of the Transition on the Run 1, no. 1 (2011): 52-63.