2022 Bronx AIA Empowerment Scholarship Submissions Due
The Bronx Chapter of the American Institute of Architects (AIA) represents architects who practice and/or live within The Bronx County of New York City. The Chapter was founded in 1945 to promote the profession, the objectives of the American Institute of Architects, and architecture within the Borough of the Bronx.
The Bronx AIA seeks to identify and empower students pursuing architecture, but who may be struggling financially to make their educational dreams a reality. As such, the 2022 Bronx AIA Empowerment scholarship was founded to award two (2) undergraduate architecture students selected by the City College of New York (CCNY).
- Be enrolled full-time in the five-year B. Arch Program at the Bernard and Anne Spitzer School of Architecture at the City College of New York.
- Be entering their 4th or 5th year of the program in Fall 2022.
- Be a resident of The Bronx, NY.
- Display a GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Provide a personal letter outlining why you have chosen to become an architect. Include a description of a particular project that is meaningful to you, any relevant community involvement, and financial hardships.
- Submit a current portfolio.
- Include the name and contact information of a SSA/CCNY faculty member who can be a reference for you.
Include your full contact information in the letter: home address, email, phone number.
- Two student $1,000 scholarship awards.
- The recipient will be invited to the Bronx Chapter AIA meeting, where they will be introduced to the architects and emerging professionals within The Bronx.
Application deadline: February 1, 2022
*The selected applicants will be notified via email and the award amount will be mailed.