Ahu Aydogan Akseli
Coordinator, Building Technology; Assistant Professor
Educational Credentials :
- Postdoctoral Fellow, Architectural Sciences, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, CASE, 2013
- Ph.D., Architectural Sciences, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, 2012
- M.S., Architectural Sciences, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, 2008
- M.S., Engineering Management, Izmir Institute of Technology, Turkey, 2005
- M.Arch., Izmir Institute of Technology, Turkey, 2005
- B.Arch., Uludag University, Turkey, 2001
Teaching Experience :
- Assistant Professor, City College of New York, CUNY, 2014-present
Professional Experience :
- Sustainability Consultant, CASE & SOM, New York, NY, 2012-2013
- Intern Architect, Skidmore, Owings & Merrill, New York, NY, 2011
- Environmental Designer within Integrated Research Teams, CASE with Skidmore, Owings & Merrill, New York, NY, 2008-2013
- Member of Chamber of Architects, Izmir, Turkey
- Architecture License, Turkey
Selected Publications and Recent Research :
- Aydogan, A., Tardos, G., Biddinger, E. “Granulation of Growth Media for Indoor Air Purification Utilizing Botanically‐Based Systems,” Upcoming Conference, Indoor Air (2016).
- Aydogan, A., Dyson, A., Montoya, L.D. “From a Lab Scale to the Building Scale: Formaldehyde Removal by a Plant Module,” in Proceedings of Healthy Buildings 2015 America, (2015).
- Wrobetz A., Aydogan Akseli, A., and Montoya, L.D. “Physical and Biological Characterization of Porous Media for VOC Removal,” in Proceedings of American Association for Aerosol Research 34th Annual Conference, (2015).
- Dyson, A., Aydogan, A., Vollen J., Nyman, M., Bird, J. “Building-Integrated Active Modular Phytoremediation System,” in Proceedings of the American Institute of Chemical Engineers (AIChE) Annual Meeting, 32d (2013).
- Aydogan, A., Montoya, L.D. “Formaldehyde Removal by Common Indoor Plant Species and Various Growing Media,” Atmospheric Environment, 45 (2011): 2675-2682.
Professional Memberships :
- International Society of Indoor Air Quality and Climate
- ARCH 35100: Core Studio 5
- ARCH 36100: Core Studio 6
- AES 24501: Construction Technology I
- ARCH 35501: Construction Technology 2 (Sections)
- ARCH 36501: Construction Technology 3
- ARCH 61301: Materials of Construction
- ARCH 74501: Environmental Systems