Educational Credentials :
- Dottore in Architettura, Facolta’ di Architettura Politecnico di Milano, 1986
Teaching Experience :
- Associate Professor, City College of New York, CUNY, 2008-present
- Professor, Museography at Politecnico di Milano, School of Architecture, 2004-2008
- Assistant Professor, Federal Institute of Technology (ETH), Zurich, 1997-1999
Professional Experience :
- Principal, Studio Terragni Architetti, Como, Italy, 1993-present
- D,R,A,W. (Design, Research, Architecture, Writing), Brooklyn, NY 2012-present
- “Legacy City Design Assembly”, advisory group (The J. Max Bond Center, CCNY, American Assembly, Columbia University), 2014-present
- The “Canada Council for the Arts” to select Canada’s exhibition team for the Venice Architecture Biennale, 2014, and Albania Government to select Albania's exhibition team for the Venice Architecture Biennale 2016.
- “YAP MAXXI,” Adviser to a program promoting and supporting young architects, in partnership with MoMA and MoMA PS1, Rome/NewYork.
- Giuseppe Terragni Study Center and Archive, Como, Italy, Head Archivist, 1990-2004
- Architecture License, Italy
- European Union Registered Architect
Selected Publications and Recent Research :
- Rome-Detroit: Time Ruin and Return. (Parallel lives of two Cities), in progress.
- Installation, “In Prospettiva”, at the exhibition Stanze, Altre filosofie dell'Abitare, Triennale di Milano, 2016.
- GAPS: Maps, Thresholds and Breaks in the Architectural Design of Elisabetta Terragni, Nodo Libri, Milan, 2015.
- Elisabetta Terragni, “What’s on the Face of a Coin” in: Perspecta, the Yale Architectural Journal, No. 47, Spring 2014.
- Elisabetta Terragni, “Quanto di quello che abbiamo fatto va bene? How much of what we did is good?” in: Architettura Guerra e Ricordo, ENGRAMMA, la tradizione classica nella memoria occidentale, n.113, January- February 2014 [www.engramma.it]
- “Erasmus Effect. Architetti italiani all' estero / Italian Architects Abroad,” MAXXI Museum, Rome, 5 December 2013-27 April 2014.
- Research and project to transform a Former Military Base in Albania, into a Museum of the Cold War, 2011-present
Professional Memberships :
- Ordine degli Architetti della Provincia di Como, n. 825
- ARCH 61002: Visual Studies
- ARCH 62100: Architecture Design Studio 1.2
- LAAR 65100: Landscape Architecture Studio
- AES 11100: Communications Studio 1 (Coordinator)
- AES 12000: Communications Studio 2 (Coordinator)