Director of Program
Educational Credentials :
- M.S., Advanced Architectural Design, Columbia University, 1992
- B.Arch., with Honors and University Medal, University of Technology Sydney, 1989
Teaching Experience :
- Associate Professor, City College of New York, CUNY, 2008-present
- Visiting Research Professor, University of Pennsylvania, 2010
- Adjunct Professor, City College of New York, CUNY, 1999-2007
- Adjunct Professor, Pratt Institute, 2007
- Research Fellow, Syracuse University, 2006-2007
- Visiting Professor, Syracuse University, 2006
- Adjunct Professor, Columbia University GSAPP, 2001
- Adjunct Professor, Roger Williams University, 1999
- Teaching Assistant, Columbia University GSAPP, 1995
Professional Experience :
- Principal/Owner, SYSTEMarchitects LLC, 2007-present
- Partner (with Douglas Gauthier), SYSTEMarchitects LLC, 1996-2007
- Architect/Designer, Emilio Ambasz & Associates,1994-1996
- Architect, Keenen/Riley Architects, 1993
- Architect/Designer, Bernard Tschumi Architects, 1993
- Junior to Architect, Harry Seidler & Associates, 1983-1991
- Architecture License, New York State
Selected Publications and Recent Research :
- Edmiston, Jeremy. Surfaced. The formation of twisted structures: the work of SYSTEMarchitects. Hong Kong: Oscar Riera Ojeda Publishers, 2015.
- Edmiston, Jeremy and Douglas Gauthier. “Fabrication; Assembly Like a Kit of Parts.” In A+U Special Issue: Architectural Transformations via BIM, ed. Nobuyuki Yoshida (August 2009), 66-71.
- Edmiston, Jeremy. “Shaft.” In Design and Technology Workshops 2006/2010, ed. Mark Linder (Syracuse, New York: Syracuse University, 2010), 2.
- Edmiston, Jeremy and Douglas Gauthier. “BURST*008, Museum of Modern Art, New York, USA.” In GreenHouse, ed Vladimir Belogolovsky (New York: Tatlin Publishers, 2009).
- SYSTEMarchitects. “BURST*003, SYSTEMarchitects.” In Digital Fabrications, Architectural and Material Techniques, by Lisa Iwamoto, ed. Clare Jacobson and Lauren Neefe, (New York: Princeton Architectural Press, 2009), 32-33.
Professional Memberships :
- Architectural League of New York