Educational Credentials :
- M.S. Architecture and Urban Design, Pratt Institute
- B. Arch. School of Architecture, CEPT University, Ahmedabad, India
Teaching Experience :
- Adjunct Associate Professor, City College of New York, CUNY, 2020-present
- Visiting Professor, Graduate School of Architecture and Urban Design, Sam Fox School of Design & Visual Arts, Washington University in St. Louis, Spring 2019
- Adjunct Associate Professor, GSAPP, Columbia University, 2014-2016
- Adjunct Associate Professor, Pratt Institute, 2007-present
Professional Experience :
- Principal, Founder, de.Sign Studio LLC, New York, 2007-present
- Partner, Co- Founder, Design+Urbanism (d+u), New York, 1998-2002
- Chief/Project Administrator, New York City Housing Authority, Design Department, New York, 2000-2007
- Architect/Project Manager, New York City Housing Authority, Design Department, New York, 1995-2000.
- Assistant Architect, B. V. Doshi, Vastu Shilpa Consultants, Ahmedabad, India.
- Council of Architecture, India
Selected Publications and Recent Research :
- “Messy Urbanism: Transformation and Transmutation of Cities under Globalization.” In Now Urbanism: The Future City is Here. Edited by J. Hou, B. Spencer, T. Way, and K. Yocom. London: Routledge, 2015.
- Viren Brahmbhatt, ed. Reimagining Lutyens' Delhi. GSAPP Spring 2014 Studio, Columbia University. New York, 2015.
- “India's Messy Urbanism.” Architects Newspaper (3 June 2009).
- Developing Strategies: Hell’s Kitchen South. Research published. New York: The Design Trust for Public Space, 2002. Team: Viren Brahmbhatt, Michael Conard, Richard Plunz, David Smiley.
- “De-Masking the Mont Des Arts: Panorama Populaire.” In The Vacant City: Brussels' Mont des Arts Reconsidered. Edited by Lieven de Cauter. Rotterdam, Nai Publishers (NL), May 1, 2001. Team: Viren Brahmbhatt, Richard Plunz.
- Investigations into Architectural Design: Conceptions and Processes, CEPT, India.
- The Vacant City: Brussels’ Mont Des Arts Reconsidered, Brussels De-Masking the Mont Des Arts: Panorama Populaire. Brussels, Belgium. December 2000. Team: Viren Brahmbhatt, Richard Plunz.
- Developing Strategies: Hell’s Kitchen South at the Storefront for Art and Architecture, New York, USA. November 2000. Team: Viren Brahmbhatt, Michael Conard, Richard Plunz, David Smiley.
Professional Memberships :
- Fellow, Design Trust for Public Space, New York, 1999 – 2002