Director of Program
Educational Credentials :
- S.M.Arch.S., Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 2000
- B.Arch., Cooper Union, 1993
Teaching Experience :
- Associate Professor, City College of New York, CUNY, 2017-present
- Assistant Professor, City College of New York, CUNY, 2010-2017
- Adjunct Professor, City College of New York, CUNY, 2006-2010
- Adjunct Professor, Parsons School of Design, 2006-2007
- Adjunct Professor, New York Institute of Technology, 2002-2007
Professional Experience :
- Principal, Bagchee Architects, 2005-present
- Project Designer, David Hotson Architect, 2000-2002
- Junior Designer, Diane Lewis Architect, 1996-1998
- Junior Designer, Thorsen and Linard Architect, 1993-1996
- Architecture License, New York State, 2004
Selected Publications and Recent Research :
- Book Authored:
- Counter Institution: Activist Estates of the Lower East Side. New York: Fordham University Press, 2018.
- "Radicals and Real Estate." Urban Omnibus (February 2019).
- "Design and Advocacy in the South Bronx." Urban Omnibus (May 2017).
- “Building for Peace in New York City.” Journal of Architectural Education 69:1 (March 2015): 73-85.
- "Book Review of Unlearning the City: Infrastructure in a New Optical Field by Swati Chattopadhyay." Buildings & Landscapes 21:1 (Spring 2014): 161-163.
- “Public Interior: The (Un) Real estate of ABC No Rio.” Parsons Works 7 AAS Interior Design, June 2014.
- “Sock Farm." In Regenerative Infrastructures: Freshkills Park NYC, Land Art Generator Initiative, Prestel, UK, 2013.
- Activist Estates: A Radical History of Property in Loisaida. Loisaida Center, Inc., New York, 2019.
- “Barn Raising,” House designed in Amagansett, NY, was featured on the cover of New York Times Style Magazine, May 6, 2012. Article by Alix Browne p. 68-77.
Professional Memberships :
- Association of Collegiate Schools of Architecture
- College Art Association
- Society for American City and Regional Planning History