Educational Credentials :
- M. Arch., Yale University, 1994
- B. Design, University of Florida, 1991
Teaching Experience :
- Associate Professor, City College of New York, CUNY, 2012-present
- Assistant Professor, City College of New York, CUNY, 2006-2012
- Instructor, City College of New York, CUNY, 2000-2006
Professional Experience :
- Sole practitioner, 2006-present
- Pouder Design Group, 2003-2005
- Peter Gisolfi Associates, 2002
- Voorsanger Associates, 2000
- Richard Sturgeon Studio, 1999-2000
- CWB Architecture, 1999-2000
- Francois deMenil, Architect, 1998
- George Ranalli, Architect, 1996-1999
- Balmori Associates, 1994-1996
- Architecture License, New York State
Selected Publications and Recent Research :
- Broadway: A History of New York City in Thirteen Miles (W. W. Norton, 2018)
- AIA Guide to New York City, Fifth Edition, with Norval White and Elliot Willensky (Oxford University Press, 2010)
- "The Aleatoric Studio: Embracing Chance and Risk in First-Year Design," 99th Annual ACSA Conference Proceedings, March 3-6, 2011.
- "Bloomberg Makes Space in New York: Studying the Transformation of Place in New York Under the Bloomberg Administration," book review of Bloomberg's New York: Class and Governance in the Luxury City by Julian Brash, Architect's Newspaper, January 19, 2011.
- "Inspecting the Green City," Oculus, Fall 2009.