Educational Credentials :
- PhD Student, Earth and Environmental Sciences (Geography), CUNY, 2021-present:
- Master of Urban and Regional Planning, Virginia Tech University, 2008
- Bachelor of Science, Urban Studies, Virginia Commonwealth University, 2005
Teaching Experience :
- Adjunct Faculty, City University of New York, 2016-2023
- Visiting Assistant Professor, Pratt Institute, 2017-2020
- Adjunct Faculty, The New School, 2012-2017
Professional Experience :
- Director of Policy and Strategy, Race Forward, 2017-2018
- Policy Advocacy Coordinator, WE ACT for Environmental Justice, 2014-2017
- Urban Planner, Project for Public Spaces, New York City, 2009-2013
Selected Publications and Recent Research :
- Khawarzad, Aurash. “New York City Climate Change Displacement Map.” Home Page - RLS-NYC, September 2020.
- Dawson, Ashley and Aurash Khawarzad. “Hot City: New York City Will Never Be the Same Again - And It Shouldn’t Be.” http://www.VersoBooks.com, August 20, 2020.
- Dawson, Ashley, Aurash Khawarzad, and Yates McKee. “The People’s Climate Change Plan for New York City?”. The Center for the Humanities, March 2019.
- Khawarzad, Aurash. “The Upper Manhatta(n) Project”. Self-published, 2018.
Professional Memberships :
- American Association of Geographers