Coordinator, Building Technology; Associate Professor
Educational Credentials :
- M.Arch., Swiss Federal Polytechnic University Zurich (ETH), 1992
Teaching Experience :
- Associate Professor, City College of New York, CUNY, 2008-present
- Adjunct Faculty, City College of New York, CUNY, 2005-2008
- Adjunct Faculty, Rhode Island School of Design (RISD), Providence R.I., 2002-2008
Professional Experience :
- Principal, aardvarchitecture LLP, New York, 1998-present
- Project Architect/Project Manager, Selldorf Architects LLC. New York, 1997-1999
- Project Manager, M.Campi & F.Pessina, Lugano (CH), 1992-1997
- Part-time Employee, J.P.Kleihues, Berlin, Germany, 1987-1988
- Architecture License, New York State, 2009
Selected Publications and Recent Research :
- The Solar Roofpod – Prototyping Architecture, Oscar Riera Publishing, 2013.
- “Configuring Architectural Education beyond an academic context,” in Architecture Live Projects: Pedagogy into Practice, Routledge, 2013.
- “Teaching Tectonics,” “Prototyping Architecture – Learning how to manufacture things,” in BTES Proceedings, July, 2013.
- “Prismatic louver active façades for natural illumination and thermal energy gain in high-rise and commercial buildings," in SPIE 8883 Proceedings, ICPS 2013, Int. Conference on Photonics Solutions, July, 2013.
- 'The Ultimate Urban Makeover', Stephen Crafti, The Images Publishing Group; 2/2007
- 'Park Place', Jeannie Rosen, pp. S20-24 Interior Design, New York; 9/2006
- 'Small Space, Big Style' (episode 405), HGTV Feature, 'Deep Focus' Apartment; 8/2006
- 'Connotative scene', Space magazine, Binfen Publishing House, Beijing, China; 4/2006
Professional Memberships :
- Society of Building Science Educators (SBSE)
- Building Technology Educators’ Society (BTES)
- Association of Licensed Architects (ALA)