Educational Credentials :
- M.Arch., Yale University, 2010
- B.S. with Distinction, Knowlton School of Architecture, The Ohio State University, 2007
Teaching Experience :
- Assistant Professor, City College of New York, CUNY, 2022-present
- Substitute Assistant Professor, City College of New York, CUNY, 2021-present
- Adjunct Associate Professor, City College of New York, CUNY, 2019-2021
- Adjunct Assistant Professor, Columbia University, 2017-present
- Adjunct Faculty, Columbia University, 2013-2017
- Adjunct Assistant Professor, Yale University, 2021-present
- Initiating Member and Faculty, Dark Matter University, 2020-present
- Adjunct Faculty, Barnard College, 2019-present
- Adjunct Faculty, NJIT, 2017-2018
- Visiting Assistant Professor, Pratt Institute, 2017-2018
Professional Experience :
- BRANDT : HAFERD (Jerome W Haferd & K Brandt Knapp), New York, 2012-present
- Jerome W. Haferd, Registered Architect, New York, 2017-present
- Bernard Tschumi Architects, New York/Paris, 2010-2017
- Harrison Atelier, New York, 2010
- Office for Metropolitan Architecture (OMA), Beijing, 2009
- Zephyr Architects, Beijing, 2008
- NBBJ Design, Columbus, OH, 2007
- ka architecture, Cleveland, OH, 2006
- TC Architects, Akron, OH, 2005
- Architecture License, New York State
Selected Publications and Recent Research :
- “Trans-Institutional Pedagogies,” Yale Constructs (Winter/Spring 2021).
- “An Archaeology of Architecture” Log 48 (Winter/Spring 2020).
- “P.O.P.S.”, MRPJ Movement Research Performance Journal 54 (2020).
- With K Brandt Knapp, "Labeling Practice," Paprika! (February 2018).
- "Notes on the Acropolis," Project 6 (Spring 2017).
- "Make it Work: New Business, New Models (Interview)," Oculus (Winter 2016-17).
- Talking Race + Architecture: A Teach-In," with Dark Matter University, Center for Architecture, April 2021.
- “An Archaeology of Architecture," Historic Preservation Series, GSAPP, Columbia University, 2021.
- "A Geography of Practice," School of Architecture, University of Minnesota, October 2020.
- "UnDesigning Practice,” Virginia Tech, September 2020.
- With Mitch McEwen, “Junky Systems," December 2020.
- "Short Talks," Knowlton School of Architecture, Ohio State University, 2020.
- “Prototypes,” Black Imagination Matters Symposium, Princeton University, 2019.
- With K Brandt Knapp. “Collective-Scale,” GSAPP, Columbia University, 2018.